Saturday, April 9, 2011

Childhood Memories

You hear everyone saying they want to go back to those days where all they did was laze around and do whatever it is kids do, but I actually think they're better off where they are. Take me, for example, with my love of Disney movies and anime. I never actually got into such a craze for either of them until I reached year six. I find you can't really appreciate them much at a younger age either, unless your incredibly smart...

Anyways, the point is: the older we get, the more we appreciate things in our childhood. That is, unless you're inconsiderate or you just forget - I mean, you can't expect everyone to remember everything they did as a kid. You can't expect everyone to think like you either, so I'm sure a fair amount of people will think I'm spouting nonsense.

I really only brought this subject up so I could ramble on about the things I watched as a kid, my favourite of which was Anastasia, something that wasn't made by Disney. I loved the plot and the music, which I think is all that really matters. I have to say, nothing really matched up to it (in terms of kid's movies) until Tangled came along, with it's superior animation and just as great songs.

The entire story of Anastasia has that whole 'search for identity' theme (now you know I've been doing too much English homework) which I'm pretty sure a lot of us wouldn't have understood at the age of six. Not to mention large words like 'reliquary' or at least a quarter of what the characters were saying. I mean, who actually got that Rasputin was trying to get revenge on the Romanovs by slaughtering them all? I just knew he was the bad guy. And even though they were pretty straightforward in pointing out that Dmitri was a con man, I don't think I actually understood it until I rewatched the movie years later.

Come to think of it, there's a lack of Anastasia fanart in comparison to all the Disney out there. Such a shame.

I'm refraining from ranting on about anime because I'll probably end up God knows where with it all. Besides, it seems a little strange to do so, anyways.

One day, I'll structure all this better and write something more interesting. Until then, have a nice life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment